There are education classes for all ages, a place for everyone.
Children’s Sunday School
The children’s classes range from birth to high school age using the “We Believe” curriculum from Presbyterian Church (USA).
Classes available for the following age groups:
- Birth-3 years: Terri Hazelwood
- 4 year – 1st grade: Mark & Erin Thackston, Kelly & Trisha Chappell
- 2nd – 4th grade: James & Jennifer Edmunds, Mike & Connie Marvin
- Youth Class: Susan Chandler, Mike Freshour, Stewart Nelson
- Children’s Choir: Kim Albert, Julianna Berry, Kim Wickemeyer
Adult Sunday School
Presbyterians believe that education is an important and continuing part of faith, no matter your age. Sunday School is an integral part of this learning process. A variety of choices are offered here at First Presbyterian, including:
- For the 2012-13 Sunday School year, the Lifeweavers’ and Family Builders Class will join together. The class will meet upstairs each Sunday. They will continue the DVD series made by Randy Frazee called “The Story” which the Family Builders began last year. Every person will be captivated with how these teachings of Scripture are able to intersect with the story of our lives. Now is the time to join us. This class explores the two perspectives of the Bible: the Lower Story, our story, is actually many stories of men and women interacting with God in the daily course of life; and the Upper Story, God’s story, the tale of his great, overarching purpose that fits all the individual stories together like panels in one unified mural. “The Story” DVD curriculum will walk us through how God’s plan is unfolded through the lives of the Bible’s characters. Please feel free to come experience our group. There is no age or gender limitations…COME ONE, COME ALL!!! See you there!
- The Pastor’s class meets in the fellowship hall on Sunday mornings and is taught by Jim Luedtke. Have you experienced some confusion, uncertainty, bewilderment, etc. about how God behaves, especially in the Old Testament? If so, you are not alone! To address this problem, the fall Pastor’s Sunday School class begins on Sept 9th with a series entitled: Let’s Be Fair – A Balanced Approach to Understanding God. Together we’ll consider the other side of God, the side that often gets lost. You are invited to join us for a balanced approach. As you may suspect, he’s not the bad guy some people think he is. He is, in fact, the very God we know him to be: our loving Savior, our Lord and our God.
Summer Sunday School
From June through Labor Day, the children are divided into two classes. All adults meet together for Summer Sunday School and a number of facilitators lead a topical study.
Vacation Bible School
Vacation Bible School is held each summer for ages 4 year through 5th grade. Churches from the area join together for this week-long program.